Saturday, September 8, 2012

cute nyc apt

 When I travel alone without husband or her brothers to see our daughter in NYC, I stay in the living room of the apartment she and her roommate share in the Upper West Side, in walking distance to her work at Columbus Circle. Kitchen, bath and two bedrooms downstairs, living room and balcony upstairs via a very narrow steep staircase. It is a 4 story walk up that is killer on the calve muscles after trudging around the city all day.
Pretty roses courtesy of her roommate next to the surprisingly comfortable air bed I sleep on.

A rare thing of beauty for a starter apartment- a balcony! Large enough for two little seating areas at each end, a grill, dining table and TREES! It faces the inside courtyard of the block so it is very quiet at night, as is the entire neighborhood. I love this part of town after visiting more hectic neighborhoods during the day, nice to come home to.

The stairwell with the all important AC unit to cool the second floor with maps of Paris, NY and London and paper shade to cover an unattractive chandelier. 

Woven Ikea Karlstad sofa that has been slept on by many people, often for weeks at a time and still in great condition after two years. Vintage ad on the wall with a cute man.

Laminated tray was a housewarming gift I found online at Furbish.

The Ikea expedit is perfect for an apartment.

Marshmallow having breakfast this morning, yes, her little pig moved to the city with her. This pig is quite special though because she is actually an actress! She has been featured in a full length movie, chosen because of her amazing talent for not running away when the camera is close to her. More NYC later....

stylish serendipity photos


4 comments:

  1. wow this is so close to home for me.. I'll be moving my daughter to NYC this december/january! This apartment is absolutely darling! Hillary, my daughter wants to live downtown - Greenwich Village area.. I'd be curious to know what part of NY this one's located! SO SO cute! Love everything and will definitely plan a trip to IKEA!
    thanks for this and can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was showing my boys your US Open post, and what a nice surprise to see an update today. Her apt. is darling and so stylish! What a gorgeous part of the city! Hope the crummy weather hasn't put a damper on your plans today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have a little private outdoor space in New York.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!