1. We have six Boston ferns at the rental house we are staying in. They are very easy to care for, I just water every other day with the hose and fertilize once a month. The two that get some direct morning light are doing the best. The one in this photo is a Kimberly fern from Deborah Silver's blog, Dirt Simple. She is a landscape designer from Detroit that creates beautiful gardens. Her blog is full of great ideas for your landscape. Check out her company website here to see some of her projects and contact info.
2. A perfect salad for spring, what not try a farfalle pasta salad by the Proud Italian Cook? I love her recipes and photography. Everything I have made from her blog has been both delicious and beautiful. Recipe for the pasta salad here, a great way to use leftover spring mix lettuces.
3. Another veggie I am now seeing at the farmer's market are zucchini. Two Peas in their Pod blog have compiled a great list of zucchini recipes here.
4. What do you think of this plant? It is huge and fun, especially placed with the orange bistro chairs. I think it is Indian Rhubarb.
5. Etsy has many sellers offering Hmong textiles from Thailand that are used for bags and pillows. This bag would look cute with a white summer dress and denim jacket and sells for under $20!
Add some green earrings...
6. Otomi fabrics from Mexico are perfect for summer. Etsy seller Casa Otomi offers a fun bright green Otomi pillow. They are piped as well. Wish they were not so pricey.
7. This is the little lizard that lives near our front porch. He comes out as soon as we sit down, very curious. It is a Carolina Anole lizard. He inflates a big pink throat as he moves around but I have not been able to get a good shot of it yet.
8. Southern Living featured the Savannah Garden Club's Garden Tour that is held in April every year. This year it was cool and rainy that week so we did not attend but it is on the calendar for next year, fingers crossed.
Photo source: The Garden Club of Savannah
9. What a bountiful veggie platter for spring time!
Thanks for visiting!
I can't tell you how many hours I've spent lost in all the beauty on Deborah Silver's blog!ReplyDelete
Tracking down that Indian rhubarb now! Gorgeous green finds this week.
Kimberly ferns are my favorite, I buy them every year for my urns and window boxes (Walmart $14) and they are big! That rhubarb plant is amazing!! Fun tip on the textiles, I'd love to include a pillow in my mix. Thanks for the pretty post to start my day, Cindy!ReplyDelete
The Indian Rhubarb is fabulous….but those orange chairs just make it even better!ReplyDelete
We have those lizards all over our white fence around the terrace: I had never seen them before moving here.
Nice that it's warm now, isn't it??
All lovely things. I especially love the lizard! When we vacation at the beach, we often see skinks. It was sunning itself and must have been very relaxed because it allowed by husband to pick it up and hold it, long enough for me to get some good photos that I posted on my blog. Little lizards are too cute.ReplyDelete