Tuesday, May 14, 2013

things I like this week


1. What type of peony is this? Anyone know? So pretty....


2. Do you ever treat yourself to Thai Iced Tea at Thai restaurants? It's rich and delish, recipe here to make it at home.


3. Had delicious Maryland Crab Cakes (in Ohio, not Maryland) last weekend. So easy to make at home. Pair with the unique potato dish below for guests. Here is Martha's recipe.



4. This is such a great beach house guest bedroom. One of my favorite Southern interior designers, Tammy Connor of Birmingham, AL designed it. The clever ropes, the orange accents, the little  black chest, the tropical leaves, the lantern, the subtle striped walls, the prints, all of it! 






6. I am going to organize the gardening shelves of the garage this week. Love the organization of this potting shed on Fine Gardening's website.


7. How about fancy Potato Dominoes to accompany the Maryland Crab Cakes? Requires cutting potatoes in rectangles and then slicing with the mandoline. Stack in a baking dish with butter and salt and bake. Recipe from Steamy Kitchen.


8. Just bought two of these carrot colored Pandan Bins from Serena & Lily for our bedroom bookshelf. Think I need one more, great for magazines.



9. A silk/linen blend fabric from Calico, Nature Silhouette in Sunset. I think it would be so pretty on a wood framed occasional chair or as pillows on a creamy sofa.


What are you liking this week?

Thanks for visiting! 
Cindy


3 comments:

  1. This week I am liking roses and herbs mixed together. I may redo a bed with three or four roses and cram a bunch of lavender and thyme in there with it. We'll see. That peony is so interesting! I've never seen one that is pale orangeish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made Martha's crab cakes before, they're delish, and how fun are the potatoes, wouldn't they be a conversation piece! My pile of magazines next to my bed is getting a bit ridiculous, one of those pretty bins would be perfect! And, the garage...ugh...would love to have it so organized! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I'll I am going to try out those crab cakes and potato dominos this weekend, they look superb!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!