1. Such an easy appetizer for entertaining or a simple lunch for hubby and me paired with a salad. Just drizzle olive oil, finely chopped herbs and red peppers, salt and pepper over a log of goat or feta cheese and serve warm with crostini.
2. Isn't this place setting by Tom Sheerer with grass mats and pink seersucker napkins pretty? Wicker vases for candles (bought some of these at Marshall's a few years ago), monogrammed plates (Gracious Style sells them) and unique footed glasses compliment.
3. Sandal weather is fast approaching. Joie is a company that is new to me, saw these on Piperlime. Love the color added to a traditional thong sandal. A fresh take on a classic.
4. Isn't this little furry peanut adorable? I think Andy would love him (or her)!
5. Chunky table lamps are my favorite, Circa Lighting sells this pierced celadon lamp by Ralph Lauren that would look great in our house.
6. Who doesn't love the courtyard gardens of Charleston and Savannah? We have visited in the spring in the past (always trying to be nonchalant as we peer into the private gated gardens on our strolls) and are looking forward to being there this fall for a week to get youngest son situated in school but we have never been on a garden tour for up close access. Have you? Savannah held their tour of homes a few weeks ago. The Garden Club of Charleston held their tour last weekend. Historic Charleston Foundation's House and Garden Tour and Antiques Show is still going on. Visiting all of these on the same trip is on my bucket list!
7. Saw this striped bedding in a simply decorated room by Tricia Foley on Boxwood Terrace blog. Love the wicker table and glass lamp. We found a similar striped duvet at Ikea for older son's apartment that was surprisingly soft after a wash and dry with non scented dryer sheets. West Elm and Garnet Hill sell striped sheets that look great too.
8. Cut spring flowering branches extra long for a dramatic tall accent in a high ceilinged living room. While you are at it, add two bright pillows and who doesn't need a gorgeous modern painting like this one by Robert Rea? This is his Georgetown living room that was featured in Veranda a few years ago.
9. I think the artistry and technique of chalk artist Dana Tanamachi is amazing! Her work is often seen in New York City and Brooklyn where she lives. I love this message, a print can be purchased for $60 here.
Thanks for visiting!