Saturday, September 20, 2014

cottage kitchen walls



One more post about our cottage kitchen. We looked into adding sconces next to the sink, it won't work in this kitchen, wiring is too difficult and also the space needed for the upper cabinet door to fully open is limited so I added some little watercolors from the hallway of our last house and decided to switch a basket for two little bird prints over the cooktop.




Also added one next to the pantry.



Basket adds contrast and texture and relieves worries about splashing sauces.


I love the vinyl grasscloth in the kitchen, it  adds warmth and compliments artwork so well.

Thanks for visiting!
Cindy

3 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is lovely, Cindy. Everything looks so warm and cozy. I look forward to seeing more photos of the rest of your home.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Functional and decorated! How difficult was the vinyl wallpaper to put up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote is to change out the basket for blue and white plates/platters! But I see that the basket probably has more of a textural/mountain vibe.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!